(A recording of this webinar is available on-demand at Pharmaceutical Executive.)
November 28, 2012 at 01:00 PM EST
To meet the demands of the 2010 Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) as well as current state-mandated reporting, life science manufacturers must shift from reactive to proactive management of expense transaction submissions before reporting.
This webinar will demonstrate how a large pharmaceutical manufacturer overcame obstacles in order to centralize and proactively manage spend records across their organization. The global company had four major challenges:
1. Inconsistent spend data feeding their compliance reporting tool from disparate sources
2. Lost productivity from manual, time-consuming remediation
3. Difficulty with and lack of tools for ongoing validation and review of spend data
4. The need to automate the identification of possible spend violation records
Health Market Science developed a solution that enabled the pharmaceutical company to keep their existing reporting system while adding a cost-saving, upstream remediation capability.
Hear Greg Maynard, director of Transparency & Disclosure Compliance Solutions at Health Market Science describe how our compliance experts worked closely with our client to address challenges and implement best practices resulting in a spend management hub that now consolidates, validates, corrects, categorizes, tracks, and certifies all spend records across their organization. The result is a cleansed and approved set of expenses for input into a transparency and aggregate spend reporting tool.
Key Learning Objectives:
• Understand how high quality spend data earlier in the process results in streamlined, accurate and complete compliance reporting
• Lessen costly overhead by improving data quality upstream, e.g. resolving multiple occurrences of spend with inaccurate data
• Gain insight into spend with cross-organization visibility; approve or reject records and expedite resolution on high priority items for compliance reporting; and review relevant data pushed via a dashboard for needed action
Click here to register for free.